Free Registration, no obligation
Signing up for the Texas Power Switch takes less than five minutes. Registration is free, and people who register are under no obligation to switch to the winning provider.
At this moment it is not possible to register for one of our programs. You can however pre-register and leave your contact details. We will let you know once our next program starts.
Only households that are in deregulated service areas can participate. Households in areas served by municipally-owned utilities and utility cooperatives cannot participate.
Once the program starts:
To register for the program we need:
- Your name, address and phone number.
- The name of your current electricity provider.
- Your current plan type and monthly electricity usage
All of this information can be found in your monthly electric bill. We have example bills to guide you.
Once you have provided this information you will receive:
- An overview of your registration.
- An email to confirm your registration. (Check your spam/junk folder if you do not receive this email)
After the auction:
- You will receive an email in which you are notified of the outcome of the auction.
- You can then choose whether or not you want to accept the winning electricity rate.
- iChoosr and the winning provider will take care of the entire switching process and notify your current provider that you are switching.
- If you do not wish to accept the winning electricity rate, you can simply decline.