Free Registration, no obligation
Signing up for the Texas Power Switch takes less than five minutes. Registration is free, and people who register are under no obligation to switch to the winning provider.
Only households that are in the Oncor, Centerpoint, AEP Central, and TNMP service area can participate. Other service areas might be included in future programs. Households in areas served by municipally-owned utilities and utility cooperatives cannot participate.
To register for the program we need:
- Your name, address, and phone number.
- The name of your current electricity provider.
- Your current plan type and monthly electricity usage.
- Your contract end date (!) if you have one
All of this information can be found in your monthly electricity bill. We have example bills to guide you.
Once you have provided this information you will receive:
- An overview of your registration.
- An email to confirm your registration. Please check your spam/ junk folder if you do not receive this email.
After the auction:
- You will receive an email with information about the outcome of the auction in the week of April 30th.
- You can then choose whether or not you want to accept the offer and switch to the winning electricity rate.
- iChoosr and the winning provider will take care of the entire switching process and notify your current provider that you are switching.
- If you do not wish to switch to the winning provider, you can simply decline the offer.