Who can participate

Residents in deregulated service areas

For our group switching programs, only households that are in the deregulated service areas of Oncor, Centerpoint, TNMP or AEP Texas Central can participate.

To see if you are in one of these utility areas, your can check your monthly bill. It should have the toll-free emergency number for outages and very likely the name of your utility. You can also check the Texas utility area map here.

Non-deregulated areas

In some areas of Texas, municipalities and cooperatives did not participate in the 1999 deregulation. Households in those areas may not qualify to choose their own electricity provider. Households in areas served by a member-owned electricity cooperative or a municipal-owned utility cannot participate.

Credit approval

Participants may not be eligible to switch based on credit approval by the winning electric company, but will be presented alternatives to ensure their enrollment.