The auction was a great success, and we’re pleased to announce that Texans Energy submitted the lowest rate and won the auction for the second time!
With the success of the auction, we have decided to keep the registration site open to give even more Texans the opportunity to save. If you haven’t registered yet, you can still do so via the Sign up today link.
We’ll start emailing the personal offers on January 22nd to let you know what the winning rate is, and how much you could save by switching , so make sure to tell your friends and neighbors to register as well.
About Texans Energy
"Texans Energy is a family-owned company with over 50+ years of experience supplying affordable electricity to homes and businesses in the deregulated Texas market since 2007. It was named one of Houston’s Best and Brightest Companies to work for in 2018 and was also named “Most Dependable Electricity Company” by the Houstonia Magazine in 2017. Texans Energy is aware their customers have a choice, and they strive to earn their loyalty as they do their best to make sure they have a memorable experience with them every day. "
Understanding your Electricity Bill
The Provider Energy Charge is the amount of electricity used multiplied by the rate charged by the provider per kWh; this rate is set by the provider and can be fixed or variable.
*Some providers may also charge a monthly base charge (or flat fee) in addition to the price charged per kWh.
The TDU/TDSP Delivery Charges may include building, maintaining and operating power lines that deliver electricity to your home, reading your meter and ensuring it works properly; these charges are set by the Public Utility Commission of Texas and are charged to every customer, regardless of provider. These charges vary by TDU/TDSP area and typically consist of a fixed monthly base charge and charge per kWh.
During the auction, providers competed to offer the lowest Provider Energy Charge.
The winning rate:
- Has no base charge per month.
- Includes a low, fixed rate per kWh, regardless of your usage
- Has no usage based penalties or tiered rates
- Includes a reduced termination fee
- Has an extended switch window, so even if you are locked into a contract until April 30, 2019, you can still switch to this rate plan.
To illustrate how good the winning rates are, we have provided a comparison of the winning Energy Charges with the average Energy Charges of 5 well-known providers for a similar rate plan.
- The winning rate's fixed Provider Energy Charge is 30 percent cheaper than the average of those in today's market for a similar rate plan.
- The amount you can save depends on your annual usage: The higher your usage, the higher your savings will be.
- For example: households that use on average 12.000 kWh per year will save approximately $350 and households that use 17.000 kWh can expect to save around $422 per year.
With the winning offer, you can lock in a competitive electricity rate that allows you to pay the same price per kWh for the next 12 months, even if market prices fluctuate. With fixed-price electricity, there are no energy bill surprises! You will enjoy the security and convenience of knowing that your rate won't change for an entire year.
Remember, personal offers are being sent starting January 22nd, so keep an eye on your email inbox.
Again, we are keeping the registration site open to give more Texans the opportunity to save. If you have not registered yet, you can still do so via the Sign up today link.