On this page, we would like to tell you briefly how the Texas Power Switch works.
- Anyone who is interested in a cheaper electricity contract can pre-register until November 26.
- Once the new program starts on November 26, we will ask you to complete your registration.
- Registration is always free and without any obligation.
- On January 8 we will hold an auction in which providers can offer their best rates. The provider that offers the lowest rate wins the auction.
- After the auction you will receive an offer by email, based on your personal energy consumption, with the winning rates from the auction. In previous programs households saved over $350/year.
- You decide whether you want to accept your personal offer or not, there is no obligation.
More informationThe Texas Power Switch is an independent group energy switching program in which cities and towns throughout Texas join forces to offer their residents the opportunity to group together and pay less for electricity. This switching program, administered by iChoosr, LLC, will work to obtain competitive electricity rates for Texas residents while making the transition from one provider to another as smooth and simple as possible. The more people who take part, the greater our chances are of obtaining a competitive energy rate.
Texas households can register for the program for free, without any obligation to switch provider. iChoosr bundles all of the registered households and presents them as a group to electricity providers.
The more residents who register, the more likely providers are to give competitive rates. The Texas Power Switch wants to encourage as many residents as possible to enroll in the program.
Talk to your neighbors, family members, and friends to encourage them to register. If they don’t have access to Internet or email, they can still participate. You can register more than one household on the same email address.
iChoosr will conduct a reverse auction in which electricity providers will bid against each other to see who has the lowest offer.
After the auction, iChoosr will provide each registered resident with a detailed explanation of the provider’s offer and the proposed rate.