On Thursday, September 28, we held a very successful auction, and we are pleased to announce Champion Energy as the winning provider. Champion Energy provided the lowest bid for electricity rates. We will send you your personal offer from Monday, October 9.
If you have not registered yet, you can still do so via the Sign up today link.
About Champion Energy
Champion Energy is a Texas-based electricity provider that has been in business since 2004. Champion Energy has a 4 out of 5 star rating with the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT), which means they have a lower than average complaint score as published every six months by the PUCT. The PUCT regulates the state’s electric utilities and offers customer assistance in resolving consumer complaints. See the most recent compliant scorecard here.
Champion Energy has been ranked Highest in Residential Customer Satisfaction with Retail Electric Service in Texas, 6 out of 7 years, according to J.D. Power.
About the winning rate
- Champion fixed Energy Charges: $5.25 per month and 3.1¢ per kWh.
- Oncor Electric Delivery Charges: $5.25 per month and 3.6513¢ per kWh
- TNMP Electric Delivery Charges: $8.65 per month and 3.9436¢ per kWh
- The winning rate has no usage based penalty, no usage based tiered rates and a reduced termination fee.
- Even if you are locked-in until January 31st of 2018, you can still switch to this rate.
Your electricity bill contains two main components:
1. The Utility Delivery Charges, which are the same for every provider.
2. The Provider Energy Charges, which differ per provider.
In the auction, providers competed to offer the lowest Provider Energy Charges
To illustrate how good the winning rates are, we have provided a comparison of the winning Energy Charges with the average Energy Charges of 6 well-known providers for a similar rate plan.
- The fixed Provider Energy Charges of the winning rate are 36 percent cheaper than the average of those in today's market for a similar rate plan.
- On average, people in the group will save $368 per year on their electricity bills.
If you have registered for the group switch program, we will send you your personal offer from Monday, October 9. There is no obligation to accept the offer.
Because the auction was a great succes, we have decided to keep the registration open. If you have not registered yet, you can still do so via the Sign up today link.