On Tuesday, May 2, we held a very successful auction, and we are pleased to announce Discount Power as the winning provider. Discount Power provided the lowest bid for electricity rates. We will send you your personal offer from Monday, May 15.
Winning provider with a 4 star rating & the Better Business Bureau’s 2017 Pinnacle Award
Discount Power (VEH LLC) is a Texas-based electricity provider that has been in business since 2008. Discount Power has a 4 out of 5 star rating with the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT), which means they have a lower than average complaint score as published every six months by the PUCT. The PUCT regulates the state’s electric utilities and offers customer assistance in resolving consumer complaints. See the most recent compliant scorecard here.
Discount Power recently won the Better Business Bureau’s 2017 Pinnacle Award, which is awarded to only one company in each industry and is a recognition of the winner’s excellence in service.
Competitive rate: 37 percent cheaper energy charges
Your electricity bill contains two main components:
1. The Utility Delivery Charges, which are the same for every provider.
2. The Provider Energy Charges, which differ per provider.
In the auction, providers competed to offer the lowest Provider Energy Charges
Electricity price disclosure:
- Discount Power Energy Charge: 3.595¢ per kWh.
- Oncor Electric Delivery Charges: $5.25 per month and 3.29¢ per kWh
- The Discount Power rate has no usage based penalty, no usage based tiered rates and a reduced termination fee.
To illustrate how good the winning rates are, we have provided a comparison of the winning Energy Charges with the average Energy Charges of 6 well-known providers for a similar rate plan.
- The Provider Energy Charges of the winning rate are 37 percent cheaper than the average of those in today's market for a similar rate plan.
- On average, people in the group will save $336 per year on their electricity bills.
If you have registered for the group switch program, we will send you your personal offer from Monday, May 15. There is no obligation to accept the offer.
Because the auction was a great succes, we have decided to keep the registration open. If you have not registered yet, you can still do so via the Sign up today button.